On the Matter of Sloths
Did you know sloths die because they think their own arms are treebranches and then they fall because all of their weight on one side of their body and they die? Yeah. Sloths.
- There are six different types of sloth.
- They are endangered.
- Humans hunted them (LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE)
- Considered to be “mild mannered”.
- Sloths are so slow that they can grow algae on their backs.
- They spend most of the day sleeping upside down in trees (between 15 and 20 hours a day)
- They even mate and give birth while hanging in trees.
- Their food can take up to a month to digest!
- They urinate and release their bowels only once a week.
- A dead sloth will not lose its grip and remain hanging from a tree.
THE MORE YOU KNOW